Camp Card Sale
2017 CAMP CARD SALE
A Word from Our Scout Executive
The Camp Card sale has been designed to help Scouts earn their way to Summer Camp!
The Camp Card is a “discount card” that offers deals at area businesses to the purchaser. The purchase price of a Camp Card is $5.00, and participating Scouts will earn 50% for each card they sell!
A customer can purchase a Camp Card for only $5.00, but they’ll get far more than the purchase price. If they use all of discounts on the card, the customer will enjoy over $80.00 in returned value. If a customer regularly visits any of the stores on the card and uses all of the discounts, they will be receiving all of their money back – plus they will help a Scout go to Summer Camp.
This is a low risk fundraiser, as units can return their unsold cards.
- November – December Units Order Cards online
- January 28 - Camp Card kick off and cards distributed at University of Scouting
- April 14 – Sale ends
- April 28 – Payments due to the Ventura County Council Service Center
- Outdoor Watch Survival Bracelet with Tactical Emergency Gear Kit: Sale 100 cards
- $25.00 Scout Store Gift Card: Sale 200 Cards
- District Top Seller will receive a GoPro Camera (must sale 400 cards to qualify) Only one scout per district can receive.
- Council Top Seller will receive an IPad (must sale 500 cards to quality) Only one scout in the council can receive. Top seller will be able to choose between a GoPro or IPad!
- A unit can order cards online till December 31 online. After December 31 units can order through their District Executive using the commitment form. The cards will be distributed at the Camp Card Kickoff on Jan 28th during University of Scouting. After receiving the cards, the camp card coordinator for the unit distributes the cards for Scouts to sell. At the end of the sale, the unit keeps its share and pays the council for its share. If the unit has any unsold cards, the unit may return them before April 28th.
Returns & Additional Cards:
- Units may return unsold cards. Returns are due to the VCC service center when their payments are due on (or before) April 28th. The cards must be in complete conditions (no tabs removed, etc). The unit is responsible for any cards that are damaged and or not returned by the deadline. Units may continue to sell their unsold cards after they have settled their bill with council as long as they understand they cannot return anything after the payment deadline.
Redeeming Earnings from Camp Cards:
- Each unit will set its own process for collecting and redeeming the earnings from Camp Cards to the Scouts within the unit. Some units may use the earnings to pay for camp while others may use it to fund other program areas and activities. Please check with your local unit leader to learn the proper process for your unit.
- Payments of $2.50 per camp card ordered must be received to the VCC service center by the payment deadline on April 28th. Unsold cards must also be returned by April 28th. Payments and cards not received by deadline will be considered late and might disqualify your prizes.